Friday, August 15, 2014

"Death and Destructin. A Cyclone of Gigantic Proportions Strikes The City of Little Rock."



As many of you know, I love reading and studying Arkansas weather history.  This is the main reason I developed the "Arkansas Weather" app.  I recently discovered the local National Weather Service has been hit 3 times by tornadoes, one of which occurred on October 2nd, 1894. The track was right through downtown Little Rock and very close to where the KATV building is now.

The event was front page headlines the next day in the Arkansas Gazette and it's reported with amazing detail.  I found the story on microfilm and had to zoom in and cut it up into several different images to make it readable.  I hope it all makes sense and I have it in the right order.  Enjoy.  It's fascinating!!!!!  

REMEMBER, THIS WAS WRITTEN IN 1894 AND SOME OF THE LANGUAGE USED IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. 














No comments:

The NEW Arkansas Weather Blog